Tavern owner arrested for murder of customer
A tavern owner has been arrested after he allegedly shot and killed a customer at the tavern in Korsten, Port Elizabeth.
The 61-year-old man is facing charges of murder and attempted murder after he shot a customer at his tavern.
A 28-year-old man, Vuyolwetu Mahili, was shot and killed after he got into an argument with the tavern owner.
According to a police statement, "The owner requested the deceased to leave the tavern when an altercation ensued and shots were fired. The deceased died on the scene."
The owner's 14-year-old son was also injured in the shooting. The teen was shot in his neck and was taken to hospital for medical treatment.
The suspect is expected to appear in the New Law Magistrates’ Court on Monday.
More News South Africa
- Knysna crisis looms, as Akkerkloof Dam has water for just 20 days
- ANC seeking quality leadership in the Western Cape
- Storm damage at WC school hits R124-million
- This day in history: Land dispossession legislated
- Chaka Chaka pleasantly surprised by BET recognition
- Mali government kills five suspected terrorists
- Ten injured after SUV rear-ends truck
- Union wants train vandals to get same punishment as murderers and rapists
- Dudu Myeni m.i.a as SAA looks to crash and burn
- Man admits to killing 2-year-old stepdaughter