Groenewald calls on white voters to stand up and be counted
Leader of the Freedom Front Plus (FF Plus), Piet Groenewald, said the onus was on white South Africans to determine their future in the country, by registering and voting.
Groenewald, speaking on the campaign trail Sunday, said it had been inevitable for a long time that the land question would be central to the 2019 General Election. People did not do anything about it then, but Groenewald insists that the opportunity has not been lost just yet.
"White people should register to vote. They complaining and they are worried about the land question. In fact, I predicted two years go that the land question is going to be central in this whole campaigning for the 2019 election," said Groenewald on Sunday.
"We saw yesterday that there was land invasion in South Africa already. So, if people are worried about that, and they want to change the situation in a democratic way, then they have to go and register because that is the democratic way to solve the problem," added Groenewald.
More News South Africa
- Two people kidnapped, shot and burnt to ash in boot of their car
- Zulu nation demands respect from Juju
- Traditional Courts Bill not worth the paper it's written on
- Parliament finally takes its gloves off and guns for Myeni
- Police murder-suicides back on Parliament's agenda
- Myeni and Guptas will not appear before inquiry
- Groenewald begs Ramaphosa to protect landowners
- Maimane: DA has best land reform record
- Maimane on Land: ANC and EFF stoking racial tension
- Ramaphosa: Malema is still ANC deep down in his heart