Man admits to killing 2-year-old stepdaughter
A man allegedly confessed to beating his 2-year-old stepdaughter to death and then burying her tiny body in a shallow grave.
The stepdad allegedly reported the toddler missing and police started searching for the little girl. But according to reports, the suspect recently admitted to killing the little girl.
KwaZulu-Natal Police said the man told his friend that he was responsible for her murder on Sunday morning. The man's friend then took him to a nearby police station.
The police's Colonel Thembeka Mbhele said that the toddler's body was found in a shallow grave at the suspect's home.
"The police went to the scene, the suspect’s house and the child was found buried in that shallow grave."
A case of murder has been opened.
More News South Africa
- Knysna crisis looms, as Akkerkloof Dam has water for just 20 days
- ANC seeking quality leadership in the Western Cape
- Storm damage at WC school hits R124-million
- This day in history: Land dispossession legislated
- Chaka Chaka pleasantly surprised by BET recognition
- Tavern owner arrested for murder of customer
- Mali government kills five suspected terrorists
- Ten injured after SUV rear-ends truck
- Union wants train vandals to get same punishment as murderers and rapists
- Dudu Myeni m.i.a as SAA looks to crash and burn