Man gets 22 years for raping teens
A 20-year-old man has been sentenced to 22 years imprisonment for raping two teenage girls.
Phikolomzi Memani was sentenced by the Butterworth Regional Court on Thursday.
Memani rape two 16-year-old girls in 2015.
According to police spokesperson Captain Jackson Manatha the victims were collecting water from a tap in the Yako informal settlement in Butterworth. The girls were accompanied by a boy but Memani chased the boy away. He then dragged both victims to his shack, where he raped them.
One of the girl's escaped and informed her family and police about what had happened.
Memani was arrested shortly afterwards. He was then found guilty of raping the girls.
More News South Africa
- Man in critical condition after shot in head
- Street vendor boss who insulted Mugabe gets bail
- Police question Davido following death of a friend
- #SpyTapes: SCA upholds High Court ruling
- Ex-footballer George Weah takes early lead in Liberia election
- Seven killed in head-on collision
- Teacher arrested after sending inappropriate images to 15-year-old girl
- Man nabbed after trying to sell dead man's items
- #Rohde Murder Trial: Second autopsy
- #CapeTownFire: Twelve Apostles Hotel evacuated