Man nabbed at CT Airport trying to smuggle millions
A South African man is to appear in court on Thursday after being caught trying to smuggle more than R10 million out of the country.
After being stopped at Cape Town International Airport on Wednesday, the suspect's two suitcases, that held the money, were seized by customs officials.
The suspect was on his way to the United Arab Emirates via Cape Town from Port Elizabeth.
The Hawks' Lloyd Ramovha said: "He's expected to appear in the Bellville Magistrate's Court on Thursday and is facing charges of contravening the Customs and Excise Act which amounts to failure to declare [the money]."
More News South Africa
- #CapeTownFire: Twelve Apostles Hotel evacuated
- Two men gunned down in Athlone
- GDE offers counselling to learners following sexual assault allegations
- Seven tourist robbed at gunpoint in Joburg
- Soweto principal dismissed following sexual assault allegations of 83 learners
- SCA to hand ruling on Zuma 'spy tapes'
- Truth prevails 40 years later in Ahmed Timol case
- Defence Minister leaves army deployment decision to the President
- CPUT Cape Town campus fenced off with barbed wire
- Moozlie announces new collaboration with Steve Madden