Seven tourist robbed at gunpoint in Joburg
Unknown men on Thursday evening robbed seven tourists at gunpoint on Corlette Drive in Johannesburg.
The tourists were driving from OR Tambo International Airport when they were ambushed.
According to reports, one of the tourists was injured.
The unknown men fled with numerous items, including money and jewellery.
Vish Naidoo police spokesperson confirmed the attack but did not reveal the nationality of the victims.
“I can’t confirm the status of the victims that were involved but I can confirm that there were seven visitors to the country, they were in the country since Tuesday this week.
“They were returning from the Eastern Cape back to Gauteng when they were accosted at Corlette Drive.”
More News South Africa
- Teacher arrested after sending inappropriate images to 15-year-old girl
- Man nabbed after trying to sell dead man's items
- #Rohde Murder Trial: Second autopsy
- Man gets 22 years for raping teens
- #CapeTownFire: Twelve Apostles Hotel evacuated
- Two men gunned down in Athlone
- GDE offers counselling to learners following sexual assault allegations
- Soweto principal dismissed following sexual assault allegations of 83 learners
- SCA to hand ruling on Zuma 'spy tapes'
- Truth prevails 40 years later in Ahmed Timol case