Ten injured after SUV rear-ends truck
An accident between a sports utility vehicle (SUV) and a truck on Monday morning in Hillcrest, KwaZulu-Natal, has left 10 people injured.
It appears the SUV drove into the back of the truck, carrying workers on the back.
Paramedics arrived at the scene around 08:10, to find the truck at the bottom of a small embankment next to a railway line, and the SUV in the emergency lane of the highway.
Several of the passengers on the back of the truck were found walking around the scene. Paramedics eventually treated 10 people - two with moderate injuries and eight with minor.
The injured were transferred to the RK Khan Provincial Hospital for further treatment.
Authorities will be investigating the cause of the accident.
More News South Africa
- Knysna crisis looms, as Akkerkloof Dam has water for just 20 days
- ANC seeking quality leadership in the Western Cape
- Storm damage at WC school hits R124-million
- This day in history: Land dispossession legislated
- Chaka Chaka pleasantly surprised by BET recognition
- Tavern owner arrested for murder of customer
- Mali government kills five suspected terrorists
- Union wants train vandals to get same punishment as murderers and rapists
- Dudu Myeni m.i.a as SAA looks to crash and burn
- Man admits to killing 2-year-old stepdaughter