Two people kidnapped, shot and burnt to ash in boot of their car
Limpopo Police have launched a massive manhunt, after two people were executed and burnt to ash in the boot of their vehicle.
Both bodies were burnt beyond recognition. A third victim was found just meters away from the ashes. His body had multiple gunshot wounds. At this juncture, there is no clarity on motive for the killings.
Indications are the vehicle was hijacked and the victims kidnapped, before their brutal executions. Limpopo Commissioner Lt Gen Nneke Ledwaba has expressed outrage following the murders, at the Saselamani Policing area.
Nobody has any idea who the suspects are or might be.
"It is alleged that a man and woman in their thirties were kidnapped by unknown suspects while driving a Toyota Tazz near Makonde village outside Thohoyandou," said Ledwaba.
"Afterwards, the murderers loaded them inside the boot of their vehicle and drove away to a secluded area near Matiyani village along the Punda Malia road. They were fatally shot, set alight inside the vehicle and burnt beyond recognition," added Ledwaba.
"Those perpetrators who still engaged in committing these barbaric acts are cautioned to stop these senseless killings of our people. There is no justifiable reason for anyone to take an innocent life in this horrific manner. We are going to hunt these suspects around the clock until they are brought to justice."
More News South Africa
- PAC tells Australian Minister to collect his fellow racists
- AfriForum v Minister Sisulu: Round Two
- Northern Cape a province worth living in again, as property prices soar
- Alberts: ANC starting to show its true communist nature
- SA REIT conference kicks off with a bang in Sandton
- Sandton to spearhead 2018 property boom
- DIRCO: AfriForum must stop sowing panic and fear
- Land Expropriation: White South Africans must stop panicking
- Ramaphosa to Maimane: Start listening and make less noise
- Maynier: Ramaphosa infected with political equivalent of Novichok nerve agent