Kohli reclaims top spot
India captain Virat Kohli has reclaimed the top batting spot, while Australia's pace ace Josh Hazlewood has achieved the number one position in the bowlers' rankings for the first time in his career in the latest ICC ODI Player Rankings.
Kohli had entered the Champions Trophy 22 points behind number-one ranked AB de Villiers of South Africa (who had been No.1 since 25 February 2017) and 19 points behind Australia’s David Warner.
However, following knocks of 81 not out against Pakistan and 76 not out against South Africa, he has leapfrogged de Villiers and Warner into the number one spot.
Kohli, who is ahead of David Warner by just one point, had enjoyed just four days at the top in January 2017, but will now be aiming to do better when he faces Bangladesh in the second semi-final at Edgbaston on Thursday.
India's opener Shikhar Dhawan has continued his love-affair with the ICC Champions Trophy by returning into the top 10.
The left-hander has vaulted five places to 10th following scores of 68 against Pakistan, 125 against Sri Lanka and 78 against South Africa.
In the bowling rankings, Hazlewood is currently the leading wicket-taker in the tournament with nine wickets in three matches, including six for 52 against New Zealand in a game which was abandoned due to rain.
Hazlewood, who is the first Australia bowler to top the bowling charts since October 2015 when Mitchell Starc peaked to the top, has leapfrogged Imran Tahir, Starc and Kagiso Rabada.
- Faf: T20 Global League will reduce Kolpaks
- KP 'super excited' about T20 Global League
- Sarfraz captains Team of the Tournament
- CSA launch T20 Global League
- T20 Global League owners to be announced on Monday
- Skipper Sarfraz always had faith in his charges
- Frustrated Morgan blames pitch for England calamity
- Focused Pakistan demolish England in Cardiff
- Sangakkara: I've been enjoying myself
- Time running out for Domingo