Bilic: Hart is underrated
West Ham manager Slaven Bilic believes Joe Hart gets more flak than he deserves, both at club level and with the England national team.
The 30-year-old goalkeeper takes regular criticism from fans despite some good showing with both the Hammers and the Three Lions, and Bilic pointed to his heroics in England’s recent 1-0 win over Slovenia.
"I think you don't appreciate him," Bilic said. "I watched the game against Slovenia. He was man of the match.
"But you didn't have that feeling from the studio, from the commentator, saying it was a penalty [to Slovenia] – it wasn't a penalty. If it was anyone else goalkeeping in that situation, nobody would say it was a penalty. I have that feeling at this moment.
"Has he become an easy target? Yes. The guy is brilliant. I'm not just talking about goalkeeping now. The guy never slaughters anyone in the job.
"He is taking the bullets, he is there every single time, whether he is at [Manchester] City or Torino or West Ham. He is a great professional and a top pro."
- Conte: Chelsea must dig deep now
- Eriksen: Spurs don't need to fear Real
- Montella optimistic despite derby defeat
- Spalletti hails derby-winning Icardi
- Pochettino: Madrid much more than just Ronaldo
- Mourinho: United won't be my last job
- Pochettino: We deserved to win
- Conte: Chelsea short of players and personality
- Mertens on Napoli's shot at the Scudetto
- Silvestre warns Man Utd of Anfield inferno