Catania chiefs throws shade at Milan boss
Catania general manager Pietro Lo Monaco has criticised Milan CEO Marco Fassone, calling him ignorant in matters of football.
This comes amid speculation that Fassone might be preparing to sack manager Vincenzo Montella after some recent defeats took the wind out of the club’s sails.
"Fassone knows nothing about football, so he is creating chaos and making it very difficult for a very talented coach like Montella," Lo Monaco told Radio Incontro Olympia.
Sunday will see Milan take on local rivals Inter, and while Lo Monaco said that "Milan-Inter is a very delicate match, a derby that simply defies prediction", he certainly knows which side is in a tougher moment.
"In the derby, the team that risks the most going in is certainly Milan, perhaps with a change of management on the horizon. Inter, on the other hand, are on a fairly linear path, with some ups and downs."
Inter are currently third in the Serie A standings, level on points with Juventus and just two points behind leaders Napoli, while Milan are seven points adrift in seventh.
- Conte: Chelsea short of players and personality
- Mertens on Napoli's shot at the Scudetto
- Silvestre warns Man Utd of Anfield inferno
- Bilic: Hart is underrated
- Wenger: Alexis is Chile's main man
- Monaco open to Lemar sale
- Aguero: Glad I was wearing a seat belt
- Wenger: 'Possible' that Alexis and Ozil leave in January
- Wilshere impressed by Lacazette
- Barca chief promises to buy Coutinho