Karius ready to fight for Reds spot
Loris Karius is willing to fight for his place at Liverpool despite his first-season struggles, according to his agent Florian Goll.
The 23-year-old goalkeeper signed for the Reds from Mainz as manager Jurgen Klopp looked to replace an unconvincing Simon Mignolet between the sticks.
However, Karius made only 10 Premier League appearances before Klopp decided to drop him in December. Despite the poor start to his career at Liverpool, Karius appears to be determined to fight his way back into the first team.
"There is absolutely nothing to the rumours that Karius will leave," Goll told Goal.
"He did not sign at Liverpool for the short term - he believes in the vision of the manager and he wants to be fully fit and prepared to fight for the number one position from the first day back.
"He has already started his individual programme to keep fit during the summer, because he wants to be completely ready when pre-season starts.
"He is extremely motivated by the competition."
- Cassano's advice for Madrid target Donnarumma
- Free agent Pepe still without a club
- Bojan could still be key for Stoke
- Mihajlovic: Donnarumma should stay at Milan
- Mustafi hopes Sanchez stays
- Leipzig and Salzburg given UCL go-ahead
- Mourinho in tax fraud allegations
- Matsatsantsa held by Ravens on home soil
- Conti to join Conte and Kante?
- Wenger's top three worst calls without VAR