Lindelof: Mourinho's calls convinced me
New Manchester United signing Victor Lindelof has revealed that phone calls from manager Jose Mourinho convinced him to join the Premier League club.
The Swede was confirmed as a Red Devils player on Wednesday, following his £30.7m transfer from Benfica, and has explained why he decided to make the move.
“We talked on the phone," the centre-back told Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet.
"He told me about the club and everything around it. He also talked about how he looks at me and why he wants me at the club.”
And, in a Q&A with MUTV, he added: "I’ve spoken to him. It was a good chat. It’s very important for me to hear what he has to say.
"It feels great to know the coach wants you to finally be here. It makes me very happy.
"He’s a great coach and for me to be able to work with him is a great opportunity for me.
- No Belotti bids from Milan or PSG
- Salah transfer looms for Reds
- Tolisso style of play linkened to Kroos
- Russia ease past New Zealand
- Karanka: Morata ideal for Premier League
- Talisca reveals United interest
- Pienaar stalls on Premiership return
- Alves: Dybala won't improve at Juve
- Hazard eyes more Chelsea success
- Reds, Atleti, Napoli to face Bayern