Tolisso style of play linkened to Kroos
Former Bayern Munich striker Jean-Pierre Papin says the Bundesliga champion's new signing Corentin Tolisso has a similar style to Real Madrid midfielder Toni Kroos.
With the retirement of Xabi Alonso, and Renato Sanches ineffective debut season in midfield, Die Rotten broke the German top-flight transfer record to sign Tolisso from Lyon for €41.5 million.
The five-year contract handed to the France international signals their major plans to build around the 22-year-old who was also linked with a move to Juventus.
Legendary France forward Papin feels his compatriot will bring major stability to Carlo Ancelotti's midfield as an all round player, something the German's have been lacking since the departure of Kroos.
"Tolisso is a bit like Kroos when it comes to his style of play," he told Bild. "He can defend, he can attack and he can play a strong role in midfield. Plus he has great technique, is dangerous in front of goal and can create something.
"It is important for him to understand Bayern's philosophy and listen to the older players around him.
"And it is important to learn the language. It is great to hear how well someone like Franck Ribery speaks German."
The Les Gones academy graduate scored 21 goals and registered 14 assists in 116 Ligue 1 games since making his debut in the 2013/14 season.
- Karius ready to fight for Reds spot
- Madrid keeping tabs on Mbappe, Donnarumma
- Wenger still needs Giroud amid West Ham rumours
- Cole: Conte reinvented Chelsea
- Germany survive Australia fightback
- Klopp urges youngsters to take next step
- Fiorentina sign Bruno Gaspar
- Sevilla chasing Benega and Nolito
- No Belotti bids from Milan or PSG
- Salah transfer looms for Reds