Wilshere impressed by Lacazette
Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere has been impressed with ‘what he has seen from new signings Alexandre Lacazette and Sead Kolasinac.
The French striker has scored four goals in six Premier League appearances, an impressive tally for someone still adjusting to a new country, that has been somewhat overshadowed by Alvaro Morata’s six goals in seven matches for Chelsea.
"He’s doing well and he’s only going to get better," Wilshere told Arsenal Player. "His movement is world class and, for a midfielder, that’s what you want from your striker.
"He nearly scored against Brighton in the first minute and that could have been goal of the season.
"Sometimes he comes to feet and then he can go in behind as well. I’m sure there’s much more to come, not just from those two but from the whole team.
"I think he’s gone a little bit under the radar with Morata, but to come in from the French league to a big club in England and score four goals in his first seven or eight games."
Wilshere also had praise for free-signing Kolasinac, as the Gunners prepare for Saturday’s Premier League clash away to Watford.
"Sead's turned into a real fans’ favourite because he’s no-nonsense, even in training," Wilshere added.
"He’s a natural-born winner. He’s a monster physically and you’d hate to play against him. You look at when the winger receives the ball, he’s onto him, not giving him an inch. He wins the ball back a lot for the team, so he’s doing well."
- Mourinho: United won't be my last job
- Pochettino: We deserved to win
- Conte: Chelsea short of players and personality
- Mertens on Napoli's shot at the Scudetto
- Silvestre warns Man Utd of Anfield inferno
- Bilic: Hart is underrated
- Wenger: Alexis is Chile's main man
- Monaco open to Lemar sale
- Aguero: Glad I was wearing a seat belt
- Wenger: 'Possible' that Alexis and Ozil leave in January