Mali government kills five suspected terrorists
Mali's Security Minister Salif Traore said there was absolutely no doubt in the government's mind that an attack on a local luxury resort this weekend was terror related.
The attack, which took place just outside Bamako, was met with some stern reaction from Malian security forces, who have subsequently killed five men who they believe were militants responsible for the attack.
"This was without doubt a terrorist attack," Traore told Radio France International.
"The anti-terrorist forces arrived on the scene immediately afterwards. Five terrorists were killed ... The operations continued throughout the night," added Traore.
While the five have been killed, indications are that others who were involved in these attacks are still at large and the pressure is now on to find out who they are and who they work for.
More World News
- 5.6-million children risk contracting disease around Lake Chad basin
- 49 civilians killed in Yemen this month
- British father arrested for London mosque attack
- Portugal to try Angolan VP on corruption charges
- Policeman critical after suspected terror attack at US airport
- WATCH: New trailer for Middle-earth: Shadow of War
- Work starts on Godzilla: King of the Monsters
- Brussels bomber was a Morocco national
- Fong Kongs to the value R4.2-million intercepted en route to Hong Kong