Melania Trump comes out swinging against Ivana's 'first lady' comment
Melania Trump, through a spokesperson, described the comments made by her husband's ex-wife Ivana as "attention seeking and self-serving noise".
Ivana, during an interview with ABC's Good Morning America, said she was "basically first Trump wife, I'm first lady" and shared that she has a direct line to the White House, but doesn't want to "cause any kind of jealousy".
"I have the direct number to White House, but I no [sic] really want to call him there because Melania is there," she said.
"I don't want to cause any kind of jealousy or something like that because I'm basically first Trump wife. I'm first lady, OK?"
Trump's first wife is currently promoting her book, Raising Trump. The couple were married in 1977 and divorced in the 1990s.
Melania, Trump's current wife, was not having any of the drama and responded in a statement.
"Mrs Trump has made the White House a home for [their son] Barron and The President," it read.
"She loves living in Washington, DC and is honoured by her role as First Lady of the United States. She plans to use her title and role to help children, not sell books.
"There is clearly no substance to this statement from an ex. Unfortunately only attention seeking and self-serving noise."
More World News
- Three killed in skydiving accident
- Ex-footballer George Weah takes early lead in Liberia election
- Trials for Ebola vaccine deemed successful
- New Nigerian deputy Reserve Bank governor under fire for dressing 'immodestly'
- Microsoft kills its Windows Phone platform
- Terry Crewes speaks out about being sexually assaulted
- Africa - one of the worst places for educating girls
- Curfew imposed in Malawi following 'vampire' killings
- Hurricane Maria claims 43 lives in Puerto Rico
- Thailand to hold general election in 2018