Star Wars tech to help Dubai Police fight crime!
The Dubai police force, not content with outfitting its officers with the latest sports cars to help them fight crime, have now provided their crime fighters with the latest in technology in the form of hoverbikes.
The Dubai Police Department has a collection of Lamborghinis, Bugattis, Ferraris and Mercedes-AMGs that they use to fight crime but now, thanks to company Hoversurf, they have been equipped with hoverbikes painted in their colours.
The bikes are inspired by a certain branch of Stormtroopers from Star Wars.
The special one-person bike can fly up to six-metres in the air, at speeds up to 65km/h. It can also operate for about 20 minutes on a single battery charge.
According to Hoversurf, the bike has set new world records for flight height at 28.5 metres and climbing rate at 5m/s.
It can be seen on display at the Gitex technology exhibition.
More World News
- Journalist arrested by Algerian intelligence services for being a spy
- #MeToo says Lupita Nyong'o about Harvey Weinstein harassment
- Future of African energy looks bright
- Convicted plane hijacker could get compensation if victims don't claim
- Plague continues to rip through Madagascar
- Trump criticised for 'insensitive' comments made to widow of fallen soldier
- Fraud charges for Australian company over Mozambique coal
- Gabrielle Union shares her story of being raped at 19
- Tesla fires at least 400 employees in one week
- Liberia presidential run-off between Weah and Boakai