Work starts on Godzilla: King of the Monsters
Warner Brother confirmed, this week, that work had already started on a new Godzilla film, which will feature Ken Watanabe (Godzilla) and Vera Farmiga (Safe House).
Godzilla: King of the Monsters is set to release in March 2019.
At the helm of this production is director Michael Dougherty. famous for his work on X2, Superman Returns and X-Men Apocalypse. However, he was a writer on those three films. The directing opportunity on Godzilla is a major step up for Dougherty.
The original film was a tremendous success and the pressure is on to live up to expectations.
Also featuring in this upcoming film are Kyle Chandler (King Kong), Millie Bobby Brown (Stranger Things) and Zhang Ziyi (Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon). As is to be expected, they all take on this legendary monster.
Principal photography on the film began this week, in Atlanta, Georgia.
So, what is this new film about?
"The new story follows the heroic efforts of the crypto-zoological agency Monarch as its members face off against a battery of god-sized monsters, including the mighty Godzilla, who collides with Mothra, Rodan, and his ultimate nemesis, the three-headed King Ghidorah," read a statement released by Warner Bros. this week.
"When these ancient super-species -thought to be mere myths - rise again, they all vie for supremacy, leaving humanity's very existence hanging in the balance."
More World News
- SA animation wins big across three continents
- Sunu's One Source campaign wins gold at Cannes
- South Sudan refugees - Fastest growing emergency in Africa
- Yemen cholera cases reach 200 000
- 5.6-million children risk contracting disease around Lake Chad basin
- 49 civilians killed in Yemen this month
- British father arrested for London mosque attack
- Portugal to try Angolan VP on corruption charges
- Policeman critical after suspected terror attack at US airport
- WATCH: New trailer for Middle-earth: Shadow of War